PROBLEMSkype and Outlook connections frequently drop and reconnect when traffic passes through GFI WebMonitor.
ENVIRONMENT- GFI WebMonitor build: 20170516
- GFI WebMonitor build: 20170731
SOLUTIONThis is a known issue, and a patch for GFI WebMonitor is available to solve it by extending the recycle connection time to 15 minutes.
Provide the following instructions to a customer experiencing this issue:
- Download the patch file: http://psg.gfi.com/WM/Patches/2017/GFIWM-1771.zip
- Right-click the zip file and choose Properties. From the General tab, click Unblock and then Apply.
- Close the GFI WebMonitor interface.
- Stop the GFI Proxy service, using services.msc. Internet connections are dropped when the service is stopped.
- Create a backup of directory C:\Program Files\GFI\WebMonitor\
- Extract the file downloaded in step 1 into the installation directory.
- Start the GFI Proxy service previously stopped.
- Open the GFI WebMonitor interface.