The monitoring section of GFI WebMonitor displays an IP address instead of the username in the user column.
- GFI WebMonitor
- All supported environments
To view the username in the monitoring section of GFI WebMonitor, the user authentication has to be enforced on the Microsoft TMG Server for the GFI WebMonitor for TMG or directly on the GFI WebMonitor Proxy server. GFI WebMonitor shows only an IP address for unauthenticated users.
GFI WebMonitor Standalone Proxy (versions 2015 and later)
- Open the GFI WebMonitor Management Console.
- Expand the Settings (gear icon) node.
- Under Core Settings > Connection Settings locate the Proxy Authentication.
- Under the Proxy Authentication section, select which authentication method you wish to enable.
- Select Save to apply the changes.
NOTE: It is recommended to use Integrated authentication since users are not be required to enter login credentials to access the Internet.
GFI WebMonitor for TMG
To enable Microsoft TMG server authentication:
- Open the Microsoft Forefront TMG Management console.
- Click the Networking node in the left pane and select the Networks tab in the right pane.
- Right click the Internal network and select Properties.
- Select the Web Proxy tab and click the Authentication button.
- Select Require all users to authenticate.
- Click OK to save changes.
NOTE: Microsoft TMG performs all authentication, the authenticated users information is passed on to GFI WebMonitor which can display this in the Monitoring functions