Unable to add a Custom File Type when creating a new policy.
- GFI WebMonitor
- All supported versions
The solution requires two steps: finding the Content-Type header of the website from which the file-type is accessed and then adding the Content-type header on the new policy.
Step 1: Find the Content-Type header of the website
- Download and install Fiddler or Wireshark on the client machine that is using WebMonitor proxy
- Launch Fiddler/Whireshark and access the webpage to view the Content-Type header of the audio/video file you want to specifically block when accessing. For example:
POST /foo HTTP/1.1 Content-Length: 68137 Content-Type: multipart/form-data
Step 2: Create a new block policy
- Open the GFI WebMonitor configuration page.
- Go to Manage > Policies.
- Click Add Policy.
- Give a name and description to the policy.
- Select Block under the Allow, Block, Warn section.
- Drag the File Types module into the right pane.
- Click Files.
- Click Manage File Types.
- Enter the Content-Type found in Fiddler/Whireshark in the Content Type field.
- Add a description for the content-file type.
- Click the Add icon.
- Click Files.
- Click the icon.
- Select the file type created above and click Add to policy.
- Click Save.
Adding a Custom File Type requires adding the full content-type header of the file being accessed from the webpage within the Manage file Types popup window under the Custom File Types Module