This article provides relevant information regarding the types of streaming application that can be blocked using GFI WebMonitor.
Streaming applications are computer applications that connect with online streaming servers to deliver on-demand content over the network as and when required.
By configuring Streaming Media Policies, GFI WebMonitor can block several applications to conserve and optimize bandwidth resources.
GFI WebMonitor can block the following streaming applications:
- Windows Media Player
To add a policy that blocks streaming applications, follow the steps below:
- GFI WebMonitor 2013
- Navigate to Settings > Policies > Internet Policies.
- In the Streaming Media Policies area, click Add Policy.
- In the Filter area, select the Streaming Applications you want to block.
- Configure the rest of the policy as you see fit, and then click the Save button.
- GFI WebMonitor 2015 and later
- Go to the Manage dropdown and select Policies.
- Locate the Block Streaming Media Applications policy and click the Edit button.
- Drag the Users, Groups, IPS over to the Drag Elements Here section.
- Add the user, group, or IP to the address.
- Locate the Applications section and add Streaming Media to the categories.
- Click Save to apply the policy.
- Locate the policy and verify the power sign is green and the policy is enabled.
Note: Some of the rules require HTTPS Scanning to be enabled to work correctly.