Streaming Applications are computer applications that connect with online streaming servers to deliver on-demand content over the network as and when required.
By configuring Streaming Media Policies, GFI WebMonitor is able to block a number of applications with the aim of conserving and optimizing bandwidth resources.
GFI WebMonitor can block the following Streaming Applications:
- Windows Media Player
To add a policy that blocks Streaming Applications:
- Go to Settings > Policies > Internet Policies
- In the Streaming Media Policies area, click Add Policy
- In the Filter area, select the Streaming Applications you wish to Block
- Configure the rest of the policy to your liking, then click Save
- Go to Manage dropdown > Policies
- Locate the Block streaming media applications policy and click Edit
- Drag the Users,Groups,IPS over to the Drag Elements Here section
- Add the user, group or ip to the address
- Locate the Applications section and add the Streaming Media to the categories
- Click Save to apply the policy
- Locate the policy and verify the power sign is green and the policy is enabled