This article answers the query: How to reset the password for an encrypted device?
Follow these steps to reset a lost password for an encrypted device:
- Plug the device in the computer (the server, not the client) where the main encryption application is installed.
- Go to corresponding Protection Policy > Encryption > Volume Encryption > Configure.
- Press 'Reset user password'.
- Select the device from the list.
- Enter the recovery password set by the administrator.
- Enter the new password for the device.