Unable to save edited MS Office files opened from USB Pen drives
- GFI EndPointSecurity
- All supported versions
Add the file type TMP to the policy applying to the USB device.
To edit your policy:
- Select the Protection policy that applies to the USB under Protection Policies.
- Click General Control > File-type Filter
- Select Block all files but allow the usage of the following file type:
- Click Add… button
- Type tmp in the File type field, without additional signs or dots.
- Click Add…
- Enter the user or group that is allowed working with the entered file type.
File type .tmp or tmp. Is not recognized by the policy to allow MS Office files to be opened from the USB drives. Entering the file-type tmp with any signs or dots nullifies the Protection policy.
Support article related to the issue is provided below.