User is prompted for encrypting devices, even when not added to the encryption policy.
- GFI EndPointSecurity
- All supported versions
Encrypt the device using Microsoft BitLocker to Go Encryption:
- Open the GFI EndPointSecurity management console,
- Go to Configuration > Protection Policies.
- From the right pane, click Encryption in the Security section.
- Under Windows 7 BitLocker to Go Encryption check Enable detection of encrypted devices and click Configure.
- Click Add… to specify the users and groups with access to encrypted devices.
- Click OK.
The USB/HDD is encrypted using GFI EndPointSecurity Volume Encryption. This is why it is prompting for encrypting the device with a user that is not specified. The possibility for adding permissions is for devices encrypted only by BitLocker to Go Encryption.