PROBLEMThe GFI EventsManager active monitoring check for a Physical machine (Physical event source) and looks at the virtual memory not physical memory.
All Supported Environments
SOLUTIONThis is a known issue and a patch for GFI EventsManager server is available to solve it.
Provide the following instructions to a customer experiencing this issue:
- Download the patch file: http://psg.gfi.com/esm/Patches/gfi.NSM2012.Core.zip
- Close the GFI EventsManager Console
- Stop the following GFI EventsManager services, using services.msc:
- GFI EventsManager Monitor
- GFI EventsManager
- GFI Database Server 2.1
- Create a backup of directory C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\EventsManager13\
- Extract the file downloaded in step 1 into the installation directory, replacing the gfi.NSM2012.Core.dll file with the one from the downloaded zip file
- Start the GFI EventsManager services previously stopped
- Open the GFI EventsManager Console