When trying to collect events, the following error is encountered:
Error: Active Monitoring License is used and a server operating system was detected
- GFI EventsManager 2013 or later
- All supported environments
- Right-click the source or the group
- Under the Window Event Log tab remove all the entries under Specify the Logs to collect
- Under the Text Log tab remove all the entries under Specify the Text Logs to collect from
- Under the Monitoring tab ensure the option to enable GFI EventsManager monitoring is checked.
When using license type of Active Monitoring on a Server, only the monitoring option can be enabled. Collecting Windows Events and Text Logs are not allow for Servers with the Active Monitoring license only.