The GFI EventsManager console can be secured by requiring users to provide credentials in order to access the configuration. This allows you to distribute configuration rights accordingly and also to audit changes in the GFI EventsManager configuration.
When launching the GFI EventsManager console you are asked for credentials and the Domain Administrator credentials do not allow you to access the GFI EventsManager console.
This article provides a resolution for the issue described above.
- GFI EventsManager
- All supported environments
The password for the username EventsManagerAdministrator was not configured from the GFI EventsManager Console.
The credentials for the default administrator user in GFI EventsManager is:
- When blank is noted above for Password, this means that there is no password to enter. Password field should be empty.
- This user has full access to the GFI EventsManager console. Use the above credentials if you have enabled the EventsManager logon system without configuring any users in GFI EventsManager.
- The EventsManager logon system can be enabled from the GFI EventsManager Console > Configuration > Console Security and Audit Options > Security Options.
The password for the EventsManagerAdministrator can be configured by following the steps below:
- From the GFI EventsManager Console, go to Configuration node > Options.
- Expand Users and Groups > Users.
- Right-click on the user you want to change the password for, select Password and change the password.
Should it not be possible to access the console with the solution above and the forgotten password cannot be requested by email using the link, reset the login option using the following steps:
- Open the ..\GFI\EventsManager2013\Data\toolcfg_authentication file in an editor.
- Delete all contents of the file.
- Save the empty file.
- Open the console.