PROBLEMGFI EventsManager suddenly stopped monitoring a remote computer
- Any Supported Environment
SOLUTIONThis situation occurs when the event log of the monitored computer gets full.
To avoid such a situation, you can set up GFI EventsManager to clear the event logs of the monitored computer after retrieving and processing the events from the security log. This can be set in the properties of any computer that is set up to be monitored via the Configuration.
- Open the properties of the computer from which GFI EventsManager is not retrieving any new events.
- Select the General page
- Select the "Purge event logs after retrieving new events" check box.
MS Event Viewer contains individual logging options for the Security, Application, and System event logs which:
- Set the size of the log file to be used
- Indicate what actions should be taken by the MS logging service if these logs get full.