If you have installed GFI EventsManager in English, however other servers are in another language, you can can change the event processing rules to include additional languages.
By default, GFI EventsManager is deployed with a predefined set of English filters for the GFI EventsManager Windows Event Browser. GFI EventsManager maintains a high level of customization, which would allow you to modify these rules manually to adjust the language as necessary.
Here is how to modify the Filter Strings which are used within the custom filters manually from the GFI EventsManager Management Console.
- Open the GFI EventsManager Management Console
- Click on the Events Browser and select the Windows Event Browser
- Right click on the filter you wish to modify and select Properties from the drop down menu
- You must now add the appropriate filter strings to wish to add using the OR condition. You can do this by performing the following
- Click on the Category Contains string within the Query Builder were you wish to add another category string within a different language
- Click on the add button
- In the Edit Query Restriction box, select Category as the fieldname
- Set the Select Field Operator as Equal To
- Enter the value of the Enter Field Value within the language you require
- Click ok
- Ensure that the previous Category Contains string is set to an OR logical operator
Note: Some filters have conditions which apply on extended tags, such as:
user name LIKE administrator
In such conditions, these words would also need to be translated to the appropriate language
- If you wish to upgrade GFI EventsManager to a newer build/version once you have updated the Windows Event Browser Filter, you will need to export your current Event Browser Filters using the Import and Export Configurations . You are able to locate the Import and Export Configurations tool within the GFI EventsManager Management Console under File > Import and Export Configurations