A new feature has been introduced in EventsManager 2012 SR1 that allows for the exporting of events to a SQL database. This new database cannot be selected for archiving or reporting purposes. This has been introduced as a feature request for users that want to extract information using SQL queries.
The feature is included in the Auto Updates, so they need to be installed in order to get the option available from the console. The 20121207_ESM2012SR1_PATCH_00.cab patch contains all the required files to get the new exporting option available.
- EventsManager 2013
- EventsManager 2012 SR1
To enable Auto Updates, please do the following:
- Go to the Configuration tab and select Options.
- On the left pane, click AutoUpdate Options > Update Now.
- The system will install all the available patches if the internet connection is allowed. Follow these instructions if you are in a secure environment.
In order to use the Exporting option you must first configure a new Database Operation following the steps below:
- Go to the Configuration tab > Options.
- On the left pane, click Database Operations.
- Right-click and select Create New Job.
- Select Import/Export Job > Export to SQL
- Fill in the SQL Server information. You can use an existing database and table. Otherwise, the system will create a new one, but the new parameters must be specified.
- Select the required columns to be exported. If you check the Export descriptions box, the description field from Events Browser is added in a new description column.
- Configure the specific period of time or additional conditions to filter out the events.