AnswerBeginning with GFI EventsManager version 2012, a proprietary database is used for the storage of archived events. In order to retain SQL data from an older version of GFI EventsManager (which uses SQL) there is a need to import the SQL database into GFI's proprietary database.
GFI EventsManager 2012 or later
- Within the GFI EventsManager console select the Configuration tab, then the Options sub tab
- Select Database Operations
- Right click the white space in the box to the right and select Create New Job. Click Next at first screen.
- Choose the radial Import from SQL Server database, and click Next
- Specify the Server where the database resides and specify the GFI EventsManager database that resides on that Server
- Provide the necessary authentication and click Next
- Select Encryption if it applies to you and click Next
- Choose any desired filter conditions for the imported data and click Next
- Configure to schedule the job or run the job now
- Click Finish