In GFI EventsManager 2012 SR1 (build 20120214), the physical deletion of events has been introduced. This means that events will be deleted from the physical disk and will not appear in events browser or in any reports generated after that. The Auto Updates must be installed in order to make use of that feature, but they will be included on the EventsManager 2013 version and later.
In order to achieve this physical deletion, some steps must be performed:
- Go to the Events Browser tab.
- Create a view that includes the events you wish to delete.
- Under Actions, select Mark Events as Deleted.
- After that, the view will be empty and on the top, two options will be shown:
- View deleted Events
- Delete Events
- Click Delete Events to complete the process.