AnswerEventsManager 2011 and older
At times it may be necessary to clear specific events from the database backend used by GFI EventsManager. One option for doing this is to clear events from the events browser:
- Within GFI EventsManager interface, navigate to the Events Browser tab
Under the Events Browser tab, select the intended event log type tab (example: Windows Events), then select a query under the log type tab
- Note: If there is not a defined query for events you intend to remove, you can create your own custom query to include only these intended events. Also, be aware that the "clear events" option removes all events under the query, so it is necessary to configure your query appropriately.
- Once you have selected the intended query, right click the query and select to Clear all events
- Within GFI EventsManager interface, navigate to the Configuration tab
- Select the options tab, then select Database Operations on the left under the Configurations: section
- Create a new job according to desired task and run immediately or schedule for later
EventsManager 2012 SR1 / 2013
Later versions have introduced the logical deletion of events via the events browser. Using the Delete events action from within a view marks the events as deleted within the database. They are not physically removed from the database, but once deleted they will not show in the events browser or reports anymore.