Versions / Builds AffectedEventsManager 2012 and 2013
Problem SummaryUpgrading EventsManager 2011 to newer versions, you might be affected by this issue because the rule folders and definitions have a different ID on each version
TT / JIRAID86
How to IdentifyThis issue is only affected on environments where EventsManager has been upgraded from version 2011 to 2012/2013.
To check this behavior, open the Event Browser. You will see several events that have been categorized by incorrect processing rules. The conditions of these processing rules have nothing in common with the content of the event, so they should not have been triggered.
Workaround / Fix DetailsDevelopment still working in a fix for this issue.
Meanwhile, the only possible workaround is the following:
- Close GFI EventsManager console
- Stop GFI EventsManager services
- Replace the existing Rules.xml.gz file with one from a clean installation
- Start GFI EventsManager services
- Re-create the processing rules manually
Required ActionsPerform the workaround.