- Scan now: Will collect only new events from the last scan.
- Reset and scan now: Will collect all events existing on a target machine, the same when a new computer is added on the Dashboard.
In EventsManager 2011, the option 'Reset and scan now' was limited to collecingt the latest 2000 events, but this limitation was removed on EventsManager 2012. If you have imported the settings from an old installation, you might want to remove the limitation doing the following:
- Browse to ..\GFI\EventsManager\Data\Settings\ESM Settings\
- Extract Advanced Settings.xml.gz (e.g. via 7-Zip)
- Open the extracted file Advanced Settings.xml in notepad.exe (or any text editor)
- Search for LastNEvents and set the value to 0 (Zero indicated that all events should be collected on reset and scanned on new scans)
- Save the file
- Save the edited Advanced Settings.xml file back to Advanced Settings.xml.gz with the utility used to extract the .gz file
- If using 7-Zip, within the 7-Zip File Manager:
- Right click Advanced Settings.xml, select 7-Zip > Add to archive...
- In the Archive: field, ensure Advanced Settings.xml.gz is seen, and use Archive format: gzip