While importing items into GFI Archiver you find that:
- Items in ..\GFI\Archiver\MAIS\Pickup are being processed quickly
- But the folder ..\GFI\Archiver\MAIS\Queue is growing in size,building up a backlog and containing a very high number of files
- This potentially causes disk space to run low
- GFI Archiver
- Any supported environments
You can configure a threshold for the number of files placed in ..\GFI\Archiver\MAIS\Pickup. While this threshold is exceeded the import tools will pause to place new files into this folder.
- When upgrading to a newer version of GFI Archiver, installation files mentioned in this procedure will be overwritten with default versions making the changes void and ineffective. It is therefore suggested to keep a record of this procedure and follow it once again directly after upgrading to keep this functionality intact.
- This procedure requires to edit files manually. If edited incorrectly it can leave the server in a non-operational state. Please keep backups of any file which is edited throughout this article before saving any changes to them.
- Stop the GFI Archiver Import service
- Open the folder ..\GFI\Archiver\MAIS\Data
- Create a backup of the file SSettings.xml
- Open SSettings.xml in Notepad
- Locate the line reading: <Pickup enabled="true" threshold="300" />
- To process the backlog in ..\GFI\Archiver\MAIS\Queue: Edit the threshold value to a very low number (e.g. 5)
- Once the backlog is processed: Edit the threshold value to a low number (e.g. 25)
- Start the GFI Archiver Import service
- Monitor the situation
- Do not set threshold value to 1.
Items in ..\GFI\Archiver\MAIS\Pickup are processed faster than in ..\Archiver\MAIS\Queue.