Archiver SQL databases show as being in Recovery Pending mode when viewed in SQL Management Studio
- Inform the customer that this issue is outside our scope of support.
- Provide the command if requested and ensure backups are created prior to using the command.
- A database named 2017 Nov appears in Recovery Pending mode and it cannot be expanded to view tables.
- Run the following command:
ALTER DATABASE [2017 Nov] SET EMERGENCY;
ALTER DATABASE [2017 Nov] set single_user;
DBCC CHECKDB ([2017 Nov], REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS) WITH ALL_ERRORMSGS;
ALTER DATABASE [2017 Nov] set multi_user;
- If the command completes with errors, the user will need to investigate and correct any errors located.
- If the command was successful, the database should now be functional
- To see a list of databases and their status run the following query:
SELECT name, state_desc from sys.databases;
- You will see output similar to the following: