When accessing GFI MailArchiver 2014 or newer using IMAP the DELETE, RENAME, STORE and EXPUNGE commands are not working for old emails after upgrading from an earlier version.
- GFI MailArchiver 2013 was running with the IMAP server enabled
- The installation has been upgraded to GFI MailArchiver 2014 or newer
- Archived emails (through the newer version) can be deleted successfully using IMAP, however emails (which got synchronized into the IMAP database before the upgrade) cannot be deleted
- GFI Archiver
- Using GFI Archiver's IMAP server to access emails
SOLUTIONOn the computer where GFI Archiver is installed, delete the IMAP meta-database, so that all emails in the meta-database can be re-synchronized from the Archive Stores. Perform the following actions:
- Log in with a user that has administrative privileges
- Stop the GFI Archiver IMAP service
- Open the GFI Archiver installation folder, navigate to ..\InstallationFolder\IMAP\Data\DB and locate IMAPDB.FDB
- Delete the IMAPDB.FDB file
- Start the GFI Archiver IMAP service
- When the GFI Archiver IMAP service is re-started, GFI Archiver will re-synchronize the emails from the Archive Stores into the IMAP meta-database. The users’ archive mailboxes (via IMAP) will be temporarily empty until all emails have been re-synchronized and the IMAP cache has been rebuilt.
This occurs only when upgrading from earlier versions. Email meta data (which got synchronized to the IMAP meta-database before the upgrade) does not allow to execute deletion or rename functionality.