Consider the following symptoms:
- A backlog of emails is building up in the journal mailbox.
- GFI Archiver is downloading and archiving emails normally, but not fast enough.
- You have a high amount of groups configured under:
- GFI MailArchiver 2014 or newer: Configuration > Archive Restrictions.
- GFI MailArchiver 2013 or older: Configuration > Mailboxes to Archive.
- GFI Archiver
- Environments that process a high number of emails
GFI Archiver does check if the sender and the recipients of an email is a member of the groups configured under Archive Restrictions. The check against a high number of groups is adding up delays when a high number of emails is processed.
Reduce the number of groups used under:
- GFI Archiver 2014 or newer: Configuration > Archive Restrictions
- GFI Archiver 2013 or older: Configuration > Mailboxes to Archive
- Create a single dedicated group, only add the required users to it and no groups, use this group as the only entry on the list.
- Instead of configuring 50 individual groups, only configure a single group and nest the 50 individual groups within it.