This article provides the resolution to an issue where you are unable to log in to GFI Archiver's web interface, and the following error message is displayed:
Server Error in '/Archiver' Application.
Access to path '..\GFI\Archiver\ASPNET\UI\profiles\<username> is denied.
This issue occurs when access to the requested file is denied. These permissions are usually set correctly by the GFI Archiver installer, but if needed, you may need to correct them.
- Open the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager by navigating to Start > Administrative Tools in the server.
- Navigate to [Server] > Sites > [Site in which Archiver is installed] > Archiver > Profiles on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Right-click the Profiles folder on the tree on the left-hand side.
- Click on Edit Permissions.
- Select the Security tab.
- Add the Full Control permissions to Network Service by checking the appropriate checkbox, as shown below:
- Navigate to [Server] > Sites > [Site in which Archiver is installed] > Archiver > Temp and repeat steps 3 through 6.
After implementing the above solution, you are able to log in to GFI Archiver's web interface, and the error message no longer appears.