This article provides the steps to identify and solve an issue you may encounter when trying to expand the Outlook Connector mailbox in Outlook.
When trying to expand the Outlook Connector mailbox in Outlook, the following error is shown:
Cannot expand the folder. The Set of folders cannot be opened. The information store could not be opened. logmarconnector.csv "info ","marconnector","StoreProperties::GetUserInfo GetUserInfo UserID <4fc121030ad09745b06039d4678e0ed6> UserName " "info ","marconnector","StoreData::CreateDatabaseBackend >>" "info ","marconnector","StoreData::CreateDatabaseBackend Copying database..." "error ","marconnector","StoreData::CreateDatabaseBackend Error copying empty db file 'C:\Program Files\GFI\Archiver Outlook Connector\\Data\MARFIREBIRD.FDB' to new location 'C:\Users\JohnDoesOLDANDNOTCURRENTPROFILEFOLDER\AppData\Local\GFI\Archiver\9CD5F421182D986-400D0530DCCF9B31.FDB'!" "info ","marconnector","StoreData::CreateDatabaseBackend <<"
The important thing here is that the target path does not exist (from the example above:
To confirm the issue, check the following:
- Check the current user profile path of the user, run this command:
- The path to the Outlook Connector mailbox's FDB file within StoreSettings.xml (e.g.,
- When comparing the two folders, it does not match.
The situation occurs if the user profile path within Windows changes. The Outlook Connector does not cater to this situation as it stores the full path to the FDB in StoreSettings.xml.
- Upgrade the server to 2015 SR1 (if not yet on this version).
- Make sure that the Outlook Connector from this version is installed.
- Apply the patch (also attached at the bottom of this article) to the Outlook Connector.