The following error is shown when going through the Mail Servers to Archive wizard when trying to add or edit a journal mailbox as a datasource using the EWS protocol:
Failed during: Testing connection
Details: Could not perform test of connection. Details: Client found response content type of '', but expected 'text/xml'. The request failed with an empty response.
- GFI Archiver
- Microsoft Exchange 2007 SP1 or higher
- Using the EWS protocol to connect to the journal mailbox
On the Microsoft Exchange server hosting the EWS web application in IIS:
- Open the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
- Find the site that is hosting the EWS web application
- Right click the site and click Edit bindings...
- Check for entries in the list which have a host name value defined
- Remove the binding
- Go through the Mail Servers to Archive wizard again
- Before removing the binding check why it was created and ensure that removal does not affect other functionality.
The binding with a defined hostname on the IIS site hosting the EWS web application from Microsoft Exchange causes EWS not to work properly.