Versions / Builds Affected20130704
Problem SummaryThe error 'Could not load file or assembly 'dtSearchNetApi4' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.' is shown when loading the web page after upgrading to 20130704
TT / JIRAID1516
How to IdentifyAfter upgrading to 20130704 the web page does not load anymore and the browser shows this error:
Server Error in '/MailArchiver' Application.
Could not load file or assembly 'dtSearchNetApi4' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.
This issue should only occur on 64bit installations.
STEP 1 - DETERMINE THAT CUSTOMER IS NOT FACING THE ISSUE OF ARTICLE 5482
1. Check with the customer if he moved MARC to a new server (esp. from a 32bit operating system to a 64bit operating system following the article:
2712 > Is it possible to move MailArchiver to a new server?
2. If the customer did such a migration and the error started afterwards he is probably facing a different situation.
3. To confirm check troubleshooter.txt and search for all lines that contain: dtSearchNetApi4.dll
4. There should be 3 of them, each showing to be 606720 bytes in size (this is the size of the 32bit dll-file and should not be there!)
5. If above is confirmed follow the solution of: 5482 > https://na8.salesforce.com/articles/SkyNet_Article/Error-Services-Internal-Server-Error-when-loading-web-interface-135437
(basically reinstall MARC)
6. If this solves the case DO NOT LEAVE THIS KNOWN ISSUE ATTACHED, but attach 5482 at case closure
STEP 2 - IF THE PREVIOUS SITUATION WAS RULED OUT AS THE CAUSE (OR IF IT APPLIED BUT THE ERROR STILL SHOWS AFTER THE REINSTALLATION)
1. Click on Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features (to see the list of installed programs)
2. There should be (at least) four "Microsoft Visual C++ 20?? Redistributable x??" entries
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable - x86
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable - x64
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable - x86
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable - x64
3. If any of these are missing (esp. the 2010 x64 one) the customer is likely to be facing this known issue
4. Follow the Fix Details + Required Actions sections
5. If this fixes the issue leave article 8327 attached at case closure
Workaround / Fix Details1. Install the Visual C++ runtimes manually, these (their installers can be extracted from the MARC installer)
2. Start the MARC installer and wait until the Welcome page appears
3. Leave the installer window open!
4. Open the folder %temp%
5. Order by "Date Modified"
6. There should be 2 new folders which have a GUID as their name
7. In one of them you will find these files:
8. Copy these files to the Desktop
9. Cancel the installer
10. Install the runtime packages from the Desktop manually
11. Stop all GFI MailArchiver services
12. Start all GFI MailArchiver services
Fixed silent build 20130723 which was made specifically to address this issue.
Required Actions1. Ensure customer is on build 20130704
2. Go through the How to Identify section and check for the situations in STEP1 and STEP2
3. In case neither applies nor solves the issue escalate with:
- Set of TS files which was created after the steps in the previous sections have been performed
- A screenshot of the error
- A screenshot of Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features (which lists all installed "Microsoft Visual C++ 20?? Redistributable x??" entries incl. all their version information