PROBLEMThe Installer stops and rolls back without installing GFI Archiver when ASP.NET is running in the 32bit mode on a 64bit machine.
The Installation log file in %temp%\marc*.log shows the following entries:
InstallShield 14:52:42: SetVRootProperties for virtual directory 'Archiver', app 'Archiver'
InstallShield 14:52:42: IIS6 check for ASP.NET version bitness, install is requesting 'x64'
InstallShield 14:52:42: OpenKeyLog, pszMDPath =/LM/W3SVC/APPPOOLS
InstallShield 14:52:42: GetData, pszMDPath = /
InstallShield 14:52:42: Value returned for Enable32bitAppOnWin64: 1
InstallShield 14:52:42: SetAspversion: machine is 64-bit and IIS running in a bit mode other than the currently selected mode
InstallShield 14:52:42: Error with IISRT: -2172
- GFI Archiver
- Any supported 64bit operating system
IIS on a 64bit operating system supports 32bit as well as 64bit but it does not allow both modes to run simultaneously. However, older versions of ASP.NET applications may require to be run in 32bit mode. You may also need to check the requirements of other applications registered with the IIS before trying this solution. If you change ASP.NET to run in 64bit mode with the commands outlined below it might break other ASP.NET applications which require the 32bit mode which are already installed on the system!
- Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK
- Type the following command to disable the 32-bit mode: cscript %SYSTEMDRIVE%\inetpub\adminscripts\adsutil.vbs SET W3SVC/AppPools/Enable32bitAppOnWin64 0
- Type the following command to install the version of ASP.NET 2.0 and to install the script maps at the IIS root and under (check the path in your installation and enter the folder name accordingly): %SYSTEMROOT%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.x.xxxxx\aspnet_regiis.exe -i
- Make sure that the status of ASP.NET version 4.x.xxxxx is set to Allowed in the Web service extension list in Internet Information Services Manager
- Run the GFI Archiver installation again
Install the 32bit version of GFI Archiver instead of the 64bit version.