PROBLEMConsider the following scenario:
- GFI Archiver is installed on a server running Windows Server 2008 R2
- You perform an in-place upgrade of the operating system to Windows Server 2012 R2
- After the upgrade, opening the GFI Archiver web page fails with the error:
Failed to authenticate
- The debug log ..\Core\DebugLogs\WCFPlugin.log contains errors similar to the one below (for different modules)
"error ","WCFPlugin","Error: Publishing 'CSService' Service. Could not load type 'System.Runtime.Diagnostics.ITraceSourceStringProvider' from assembly 'System.ServiceModel.Internals, Version=18.104.22.168, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.
- GFI Archiver
- An in-place upgrade of the operating system was performed (for example from Windows Server 2008 R2 to Windows Server 2012 R2)
Repair / reinstall the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.
If the Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135 fails, please consider the following article: