Versions / Builds Affected20121204 or newer
Problem SummaryThe Outlook Connector fails to connect showing the error 'HTTP 400 Bad Request' in combination with Forms authentication.
TT / JIRAID938
How to IdentifyNotes
- THIS IS NOT A GENERIC ISSUE AND DOES NOT OCCUR IN ALL ENVIRONMENTS. IT APPEARS ENVIRONMENTAL.
- Customer who faced this ran:
MARC on Win2003 64bit with Sharepoint
OC on WinXP with Outlook 2003
To identify this issue
1. Confirm that Forms authentication is in use on the MARC server
2. Open the web interface in a browser and confirm that this loads ok
3. Confirm the OC debug log reading: 2013-01-31,15:45:34,540,1,"#00000da0","#00001534","warning","logmartransport","TransportManager::Connect The connection failed hr = 0x80004005 - HTTP error: 400 (Bad Request)."
4. If possible configure the server to use Windows authentication. In this case the OC should connect successfully.
Workaround / Fix DetailsPatches are NOT available for supported MARC versions