After upgrading from GFI MailArchiver 2011 or older to GFI MailArchiver 2012 or newer, the following error is displayed when trying to open the web page of the new version:
HTTP 403 Forbidden
- GFI MailArchiver 2012 or newer
- All supported environments
The path configured in the web application within IIS is pointing to an incorrect directory.
For IIS 7
- Open IIS and go to Server > Sites > Default Web Site.
- Select MailArchiver, click Basic Settings..., under Actions.
- Make sure that the physical path is set to ..\GFI\MailArchiver\ASPNET\UI\
For IIS 6
- Open IIS and go to Server > Web Sites > Default Web Site.
- Right-click MailArchiver > Properties.
- Make sure that the Virtual Directory path is set to ..\GFI\MailArchiver\ASPNET\UI\