When accessing the GFI Archiver web interface, you receive the following error:
HTTP 404 Not Found: The webpage cannot be found.
- GFI Archiver
- All supported environments
The GFI Archiver files could not be found because the web site was not started. For more information, please see troubleshooting an "HTTP 404 - File not found" error message on a server that is running IIS.
- Check that the IIS Admin service and its dependencies are started.
- Verify that the website is started:
- Go to Start > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Expand the machine node, and expand Sites.
- Right-click the website that hosts GFI Archiver, and select Restart.
- Make sure the Application Pool is started:
- From Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager, expand the machine node and select Application Pools.
- Confirm GFI Archiver Application Pool is started.
- Verify the Application Pool is set to ASP.NET v4.0 and Network Service:
- Go to Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager > Application Pools
- Go to GFI Archiver Application Pool and select Advanced Settings.
- From the Advanced Settings window, go to General > .NET Framework Version and make sure it's using v4.0.
- From the Advanced Settings window, go to Process Model > Identity and check that it's using Network Service.
- Ensure that ASP.NET and Active Server Pages are set to allow.
- Confirm ASP.NET has been registered with IIS.