This article describes the error and its resolution, which occurs when exporting emails to a PST file using the Import Export Tool (IET), and the export fails after the export job ran until the maximum number of failed items is exceeded.
The debug log
..\GFI\Archiver\MarcImportExport\DebugLogs\BulkExport.log contains the following errors:
"error ","BulkExport","Error: Failed to add message to PST - Error in IMAPITable.SetColumns: MAPI_E_NOT_ENOUGH_MEMORY"
and maybe additionally
"error ","BulkExport","Error: Failed to add message to PST - Error in IMAPISession::OpenMsgStore: MAPI_E_FAILONEPROVIDER
;Component: Outlook Data File
- GFI Archiver
- Microsoft Outlook 32-bit
The Import Export Tool (IET) relies on Microsoft Outlook when handling PST files. The 64-bit version of Microsoft Outlook can handle certain items more efficiently without encountering the mentioned errors when compared to the 32-bit version.
- Uninstall the 32-bit Microsoft Outlook version.
- Install a 64-bit Microsoft Outlook version (preferably the latest major version).
- Install the latest service pack and all available patches, ensuring that it is fully patched.
- Use the 64-bit version of the Import Export Tool (IET) to rerun the export job:
- Never install Microsoft Outlook on a Microsoft Exchange 2003 server.
- The Import Export Tool (IET) can be run on another computer than the GFI Archiver server.