This article describes the error and its resolution, which occurs when trying to archive an item manually using the Archive Assistant, you receive the following error message:
Messages cannot be archived by the current user due to the restrictions from the GFI Archiver Server configuration. Click “Resume” to try again or “Stop” to cancel the operation.
- GFI MailArchiver 2012 or newer
- Using the Archive Assistant
- All supported environments
GFI Archiver is configured in a way that the user cannot manually archive items.
For Installations older than GFI MailArchiver 2013
- Open the web interface.
- Navigate to Configuration > Archive Restrictions and ensure the user is not excluded.
GFI MailArchiver 2013 or newer only
- Navigate to Configuration > Roles and Permissions.
- Ensure that the user has been granted the following permissions:
- Archive Assistant archive emails (to own mailbox)
- Archive Assistant archive emails (to mailboxes defined in Access Control)
- Archive Assistant archive file