When logging into the web interface, authentication fails and the following error is displayed:
403.4 - Forbidden
In Core's WCFPlugin.log file, you'll see the following:
"#0000351C","#00000004","error ","WCFPlugin","Error: Failed to create service instance: MArc.ConfigurationService.CSService, bin\MArc.ConfigurationService.dll. Error: MArc.ConfigurationService.Base.ConfigurationServiceException: SettingsDbCreationFailed ---> System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'fbembed': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
- GFI Archiver
- All supported environments
If another program installed on the server is using Firebird databases, the .dll files from that installation can cause conflicts with GFI Archiver's .dll files. By removing the files from SYSWOW64, GFI Archiver won't try to use those files. Check with your 3rd party vendor to verify if it is safe to move the ib_util.dll, icudt30.dll, icuin30.dll, and icuuc30.dll files to the new location. Two common programs that cause this issue are Trigon Backup and Ntiva Backup software.
Note: If another 3rd party application is installed and relies on the mentioned files, the procedure below might break that installation.
- Browse to C:\Windows\SYSWOW64\
- Search for fbembed.dll, if you find it, remove the file from SYSWOW64 into a backup location.
- Try to access the web interface.
- If it still does not work, search for the following files in the SYSWOW64 folder: ib_util.dll, icudt30.dll, icuin30.dll, and icuuc30.dll.
- If you find any of these files, search for fbembed on the server, and you should find it in a folder outside of GFI Archiver.
- Remove the ib_util.dll, icudt30.dll, icuin30.dll, and icuuc30.dll files from SYSWOW64 and place them in the same directory you found the fbembed.dll file in, then access the web interface again.
Note: The procedure above is written for 64-bit operating systems installations. For 32-bit installations, please use the folder: C:\windows\system32