Product: GFI MailArchiver 2012 BETA
- Manual archiving of emails and folders from within Microsoft Outlook
- Rule based archiving to allow selective archiving
- User archive email delete
- Any time access to archived emails from any device via IMAP
- File archiving from within Microsoft Outlook
- Automatic archive store updates and database size management
- Two new security based MailInsights reports – Sensitive Data Leakage and Job Search
- Scheduling and forwarding of MailInsights reports
- Slow user interface when having GFI MailArchiver shared mailboxes configured
- MailboxRestore Util does not display more than 500 entries
- Optimised email archiving performance
- Some user interface text and manuals are not translated in all languages
- When installing the new GFI MailArchiver Outlook Addon and GFI MailArchiver Outlook Connector with Microsoft Outlook 2007, two menu bars titled GFI MailArchiver will be displayed. One will contain the Addon functions and the other will have the Connector functions.
- During the BETA period, only self-signed certificates can be used with GFI MailArchiver IMAP Server SSL configuration
- Local machine Administrator’s rights are required to install the GFI MailArchiver Outlook Addon
- Simultaneous creation of multiple Archive Stores in certain cases causes search to fail to retrieve all results. A restart of GFI MailArchiver Search service corrects this behavior.
- 'Pause Indexing' is disabled in Archive Stores configuration
- As of this release, Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 are not supported
- Export of emails from GFI MailArchiver 2 Archive Stores and GFI MailEssentials Archive is no longer supported
- Ensure correct configuration of SMTP settings in GFI MailArchiver (Configuration > General Settings). Incorrect configuration of SMTP settings result in MailInsights reports and other product notifications not be received.
- GFI MailArchiver 2012 introduces a new concept for the management of Archive Stores, the repositories where data is archived. In order to keep large data manageable and organized, GFI MailArchiver will automatically create repositories as it deems adequate. The default behaviour is that it keeps emails organized in repositories of two months. That is, a new Archive Store is created for every two months or when an email that is being archived does not fall in the range of already created repositories. Therefore, from this release, the concepts of Archive Store Schedule queue, active Archive Store, and manual creation of Archive Stores are no longer valid. Please refer to the GFI MailArchiver Manual for more information
When testing Manual Archiving with a large number of emails, it is recommended to increase the default value (1000) of MaxQueueSize in Core2\Data\product.config. To do this, add or edit the following line in <GFI MailArchiver install path>\Core2\Data\product.config:
<add key="MaxQueueSize" value="5000"/>
This is required for BETA testing purposes only and will not be required in the release version of the product.
GFI MailArchiver 2012 BETA x86: http://dl.gfi.com/?linkid=1440
GFI MailArchiver 2012 BETA x64: http://dl.gfi.com/?linkid=1441
This is a BETA program, and as such, we recommend that you install it in your test environment only.
If you are upgrading your test environment from older versions of GFI MailArchiver, during the install process you will be asked to upgrade the Archive Stores schema. When pressing the Upgrade button, a tool will run to upgrade all Archive Stores and Auditing schemas.
The following evaluation license key, valid for 30 days, can be used for the purposes of BETA testing GFI MailArchiver 2012 for Exchange: