A high resource consumption is observed when Mailbox Folder Structure Retrieval (UMPolling) is enabled.
- GFI Archiver
- All supported environments
A number of settings can be tweaked to decrease resource utilization based on this feature.
Note: Please take a backup of the any file before editing it.
- Open the GFI Archiver web site
- Navigate to Configuration > Mailbox Folder Structure Retrieval
- Note which protocol is configured (it is either EWS or MAPI)
- Open the folder: ..\GFI\Archiver\Core\Data\
- Depending on which protocol is configured for Mailbox Folder Structure Retrieval, open the file with a text editor:
- EWS protocol: EWSPollingSettings.xml
- MAPI protocol: ExPollingSettings.xml
- Find and modify the following settings so that they reflect the values given below:
- Save a close the file
- Restart the GFI Archiver Core Service from the services console
Below is a description of the settings mentioned:
- Time spent sleeping (in minutes) after polling all mailboxes. Default is 1 minute.
- This is the delay (in seconds) between polling one mailbox and another. Default is 1 second.
- This is the number of cycles (on the same mailbox) before UMPolling will fetch again the set of mailboxes. Default is 4 cycles.
- This is the number of cycles (on the same mailbox) that the UMPolling module will perform before it will refresh the folders of a user mailbox. Default is 3 cycles.
- When upgrading to a newer version of GFI Archiver, installation files mentioned in this procedure will be overwritten with default versions making the changes void and ineffective. It is therefore suggested to keep a record of this procedure and follow it once again directly after upgrading to keep this functionality intact.