This article describes the process of creating a maintenance plan in Microsoft SQL Management Studio for GFI Archiver database(s).
- Log in to the SQL Management Studio using SA (System Administrator) credentials.
- Expand Management, then right-click Maintenance Plans and select Maintenance Plan Wizard.
- Click Next and name the plan
GFI Archiver DBs.
- Select Check Database Integrity, Shrink Database, and Rebuild Index and click Next.
- In the Task Order, make sure the tasks are in the order above.
- In the following 3 screens, make sure that under Databases All Databases is selected.
- On the final screen click Finish.
- Double click 'GFI Archiver DBs' to open the maintenance plan and modify the schedule so that it runs weekly.
Note: It is ideal to run maintenance on weekends, or during any other non-working hours so that it does not affect end users while running.