AnswerFor a quick demonstration on how to print the results of a search in GFI Archiver view the video below:
This 3x3 video is divided in the following sections:
- Perform a search using the GFI Archiver Import Export Tool
- Export the desired email to .msg format
- Use VBScript to print the exported files
Perform a search using the GFI Archiver Import Export Tool
- Open the GFI Archiver Import Export Tool found in the GFI Archiver program group
- Click on Download emails from GFI Archiver
- Connect to the GFI Archiver URL by clicking 'OK'
- Create the search you require which will result in the emails you wish to print
- Note: You can add additional conditions by clicking on the 'Add Condition' button to filter down your search even further.
- Click the 'Find Now' button to search for your results
Export the desired email to .msg format
Once the desired results are obtained, perform the following procedure to download your emails in .msg format.
- Click on the 'Export Options' tab and select 'Download message in .msg format'
- Note: Take note of the download folder path as this would be required to retrieve your emails
- Click on the 'Download' button to download your emails
Use VBScript to print the exported files
- Proceed to the path where the emails have been stored
- Copy the exported emails folder on a machine which has a printer installed. (Not required if the GFI Archiver server has a printer attached)
- Copy the msg files in a folder which will be referenced in the VBScript to print file in that folder
- Open Microsoft Notepad and add the following content:
- TargetFolder = "C:\EmailExport"
- Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
- Set objFolder = objShell.Namespace(TargetFolder)
- Set colItems = objFolder.Items
- For Each objItem in colItems
- Ensure that the TargetFolder path included in the vbscript contains the emails you wish to print our in msg format
- Save the new Notepad file as 'Print.vbs'
- Execute 'Print.vbs' and all email messages in the folder will be printed out