- GFI MailArchiver 2013 R2 or newer
By default GFI Archiver checks if emails are being archived every weekday (Monday to Friday) between 11:00 and 12:00 (noon).
This configuration can be changed as follows:
- This procedure requires to edit files manually. If edited incorrectly it can leave the server in a non-operational state. Please keep backups of any file which is edited throughout this article before saving any changes to them.
To change the weekend days:
- When upgrading to a newer version of GFI Archiver, the product.config file mentioned in this section will be overwritten with a default version making the changes void and ineffective. It is therefore suggested to keep a record of this procedure and follow it once again directly after upgrading to keep this functionality intact.
- Open the folder:
- GFI MailArchiver 2014 or newer: ..\InstallationFolder\Core\Data
- GFI MailArchiver 2013 R2: ..\InstallationFolder\Core2\Data
- Open product.config in Notepad
- Locate the following key: <add key="DaysOff" value="Saturday|Sunday" />
- Change the value according to your desired configuration. Allowed values are: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- From the start menu, select Run and type services.msc
- Locate and stop the GFI Archiver Core service
- Locate the GFI Archiver installation folder and open ..\Core\Data\MArcSettings.xml in Notepad
- Locate the following block:
- Change the Start or End values to the desired hour (0 to 24)
- Save and start the GFI Archiver Core service