Starting with GFI MailArchiver 2012, Archive Stores are no longer manually created. Due to automation built into the software, the product will create an archive store if an archive store does not exist for the date range of the item being uploaded.
This article describes the process to change the name pattern/format for newly created Archive Stores, which can be edited via the web interface. An example of the default name pattern for newly created Archive Stores is 2013 Jan - Feb.
To change the name pattern for newly created Archive Stores, follow the procedure as stated below:
- Navigate to Configuration > Archive Stores > New Archive Store Settings > Advanced link (on the first page of the wizard).
- Select the desired name pattern from the New Store Name Pattern drop-down menu. The options with examples are listed in the table below:
Pattern Result [1:MMM][2: - MMM yyyy] Jan - Mar 2012 [1:yyyy MMM][2: - MMM] 2012 Jan - Mar GFIArchiver[1:MMMyyyy] GFIArchiverJan2012 GFIArchiver[1:MMM]-[2:MMMyyyy] GFIArchiverJan-Mar2012 GFI [1:MMM yyyy] GFI Jan 2012 GFI [1:MMM] - [2:MMM yyyy] GFI Jan - Mar 2012 GFI[1:MMMyyyy] - [2:MMM yyyy] GFIJan2012 - Mar 2012 GFI[1:MMM]-[2:MMM yyyy] GFIJan - Mar 2012 GFI[1:yyyy] GFI2012 GFI[1:yyyy MMM] - [2: MMM] GFI2012 Jan - Mar
- The variables and/or characters entered after "1:" represent the first string in the database range. What is listed after the "2:" represents the ending range for the archive store. It is possible to leave the "2:" null or empty if a range is not desired within the name.
- The calculation for the range is determined by the configuration of the archive schedule.
- The pattern uses variables that can be altered if needed (choose Custom Pattern). You can use YYYY for a 4 digit year, or you can use YY for a 2 digit year. For the month, you can use MMM for an abbreviated, 3 character version of the month's name, or can use MM for a 2 digit version of the month.
- In older versions of GFI MailArchiver (2012 RTM or 2012 SR1), it was only possible to edit the pattern manually in a configuration file. It is not suggested to do this at this point anymore, but to upgrade to 2012 SR2 or newer (latest version) and configure the pattern via the web interface.