This article provides the steps to configure the IMAP Server in GFI Archiver.
- From the Configuration page, select IMAP Server.
- Click Configure IMAP Server.
- Select the Enable IMAP Server checkbox.
- (Optional) In the Port Number field, enter a value and click Check Availability.
Note: The default port number is 44143. Changing the port number effects clients that have been configured to use this port.
- In the Network Interface field, select the listening network card from the available options. GFI Archiver scans your system and lists discovered network interface cards as possible options.
Note: It is recommended to retain default settings (All Network Interfaces).
- In the Server URL field, key in the address of the IMAP server to be used by the mail client.
Note: The IMAP Service is restarted whenever there are changes in IMAP server configuration related to network card interface or listening port number. All clients are disconnected when the IMAP service is restarted.
- Use the Maximum months to show in mail clients field to set the number of months GFI Archiver goes back and retrieve emails (By default it is set to 12 months).
- (Optional) Select Enable SSL Security checkbox to enable the secure transmission of information.
Note: If the Force SSL certificate is selected, email clients will authenticate using a valid certificate. Authentication is refused if the client tries to connect unencrypted.
- Click Save to finish the configuration.