AnswerWhen importing items from Microsoft Exchange into GFI Archiver using the Archive Assistant, you may want to set a time-span for when items can be archived. This is especially helpful when importing calendar items with a start date many years in the past (for example a birthday with a start date in 1950) so that GFI Archiver does not create a new archive store for such old time ranges.
To set a time-frame, do the following:
- When upgrading to a newer version of GFI Archiver, installation files mentioned in this procedure will be overwritten with default versions making the changes void and ineffective. It is therefore suggested to keep a record of this procedure and follow it once again directly after upgrading to keep this functionality intact.
- This procedure requires to edit files manually. If edited incorrectly it can leave the server in a non-operational state. Please keep backups of any file which is edited throughout this article before saving any changes to them.
- Stop the GFI Archiver Store service
- Open the following file in Notepad: ..\GFI\Archiver\Store\Data\product.config
- Add the following line within the <appSettings> section: <add key="ExcludeEmailsBeforeDate" value="1990-01-01 00:00:00" />
- Start the GFI Archiver Store service