The GFI Archiver Archive Assistant is configured to automatically archive all emails found within Microsoft Outlook stores (for example IMAP / PST / Microsoft Exchange mailboxes). It is possible to exclude stores from being archived by adding exclude information in the configuration file.
To exclude stores from being archived:
- Close Microsoft Outlook.
- From the Start menu, select Run, then type:
- Then navigate into the subfolder: Microsoft_Corporation > C__Users_<USERNAME>_AppData__Path_...
- Select and browse the directory having the highest integer number as the file name.
- Open user.config with Notepad.
- In the section <Configuration> <userSettings> <MArc.Outlook.Addon.Properties.Settings>, locate the following block or add it if it does not exist:
<setting name="ArchiveAssistantStoreExclusions" serializeAs="String">Note: In the value field, enter the store names delimited by a semicolon ‘;’. If there is already a store name, append to the value.
<value>Shared Sales Mailbox;Shared Support Mailbox;email@example.com<value>
- Save the file.
- Start Microsoft Outlook.