This article describes the ImapBatchSize setting. This setting defines how many emails are downloaded from the journal mailbox (Core) per batch. Increasing this value can increase the number of emails downloaded, which can be useful in environments with a high mail flow.
GFI MailArchiver 6.4 or later
NOTE: This procedure requires to edit files manually. If edited incorrectly it can leave the server in a non-operational state. Please keep backups of any file which is edited throughout this article before saving any changes to them.
Increasing the IMAP batch size (for downloading emails from the journal mailbox)
- Stop all GFI Archiver services.
- Open the folder:
- GFI MailArchiver 2014 or newer: ..\InstallationFolder\Core\Data
- GFI MailArchiver 2013 or older: ..\InstallationFolder\Core2\Data
- Open product.config file in Notepad.
- Find the following line and edit its value:
<add key="ImapBatchSize" value="200"/>
NOTE: Default is 200.
- Save the file.
- Start all GFI Archiver services.
- When upgrading to a newer version of GFI Archiver, the installation files mentioned in this procedure will be overwritten with default versions making the changes void and ineffective.
- It is therefore suggested to keep a record of this procedure and follow it once again directly after upgrading to keep this functionality intact.