AnswerThe following command can be used to add the user's own GFI Archiver mailbox to the MAPI profile (respectively Microsoft Outlook):
- Open command prompt (click Start > Run > Type 'CMD' and click OK)
- Type 'c:\windows\mapisvcregister.exe MARCON' and hit Enter
- The command mentioned above can be tied into a group policy (GPO) logon script
The Outlook Connector attempts to add the user's own GFI Archiver mailbox automatically to the MAPI profile (respectively Microsoft Outlook) in the following ways:
- Once during the installation of the Outlook Connector itself, for the user who is installing it (this is normally the administrator)
- Once for each user, when the user logs into Microsoft Windows for the first time after the Outlook Connector is installed
For example, if a user does not have a local Windows user profile on the computer yet and logs in for the first time it would not have a MAPI profile yet, the automated attempt fails and it is not attempted automatically a second time.