- Items are not being archived
- Firebird database is operating with errors
Upon further investigation, you find the following errors in Microsoft Event Viewer and the ErrorsDal log:
2010-01-19,10:08:20,243,1,"#00000ED8","#00000013","error ","ErrorsDal","error: (FB) GetBulkDetailedMessages() -
;message: I/O error for file lseek 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\fb_sort_x63jow'
;Error while trying to read from file
- GFI Archiver
- Firebird databases
Attempt to repair the Firebird database using IBExpert.
Note: It is important that a backup copy of the database is made before performing these steps.
- Download IBExpert (Personal Edition) from http://www.ibexpert.net/
- Install and copy the following files / folders from a 32bit GFI Archiver installation to the folder c:\Program Files\HK-Software\IBExpert:
- Open services.msc and stop the GFI Archiver Store service
- Make a backup copy of the database FDB file
- Open IBExpert and click Database > Register Database to open the Database Registration dialog
- Enter the following details in the Database Registration dialog and click OK:
- Server = Local
- Server Version = Firebird 2.5
- Database File = <Navigate to your Archiver database FDB file>
- User Name = SYSDBA
- Password = MASTERKEY
- You must then register the database and under services choose validation and mend
- Click on the Start validation button
- Wait until the process is completed
- Close IBExpert
- Start the GFI Archiver Store service
The database may have become corrupt and needs repairing. Possible causes could be anti-virus software, a very large Firebird database, or a faulty disk.