This article describes the issue, and its resolution, which occurs when items are not being archived and/or the Firebird database is operating with errors.
Upon further investigation, you find the following errors in the Microsoft Event Viewer and the ErrorsDal log:
2010-01-19,10:08:20,243,1,"#00000ED8","#00000013","error ","ErrorsDal","error: (FB) GetBulkDetailedMessages() -
;message: I/O error for file lseek 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\fb_sort_x63jow'
;Error while trying to read from file
- GFI Archiver
- Firebird databases
The database may have become corrupt and needs repairing. Possible causes could be anti-virus software, a huge Firebird database, or a faulty disk.
To resolve the issue, attempt to repair the Firebird database using IBExpert.
Note: It is important that a backup copy of the database is made before performing these steps.
- Download IBExpert (Personal Edition).
- Install and copy the following files/folders from a 32-bit GFI Archiver installation to the folder
- Open services.msc and stop the GFI Archiver Store service.
- Make a backup copy of the database FDB file.
- Open IBExpert and click Database > Register Database to open the Database Registration dialog.
- Enter the following details in the Database Registration dialog and click OK:
Server = Local
Server Version = Firebird 2.5
Database File = <Navigate to your Archiver database FDB file>
User Name = SYSDBA
Password = MASTERKEY
- You must then register the database and under services choose validation and mend.
- Click Start validation.
- Wait until the process is completed.
- Close IBExpert.
- Start the GFI Archiver Store service.