When a new user logs into the GFI Archiver web interface for the first time, the language the user interface is displayed in defaults to the installation language. This article describes the process to change the default language of the GFI Archiver web interface.
In GFI Archiver 2012 SR1 or later builds, this default language can be changed to any of the end-user supported languages as mentioned in the Process section below.
To change the installation language:
NOTE: This procedure requires to edit files manually. If edited incorrectly it can leave the server in a non-operational state. Please keep backups of any file which is edited throughout this article before saving any changes to them.
- Open the web.config file, which can be found in the following location: ..\GFI\Archiver\ASPNET\UI
- Search for the following line:
<add key="DefaultProfileLanguage" value="" />
- Enter a value from one of the supported languages in the list:
Language Value English en German de French fr Italian it Spanish es Russian ru Czech cs Dutch nl Japanese ja Chinese (People's Republic of China) zh-CN Chinese (Taiwan) zh-TW Korean ko Hebrew he Arabic ar
- The change will not affect users that have already logged into GFI Archiver. To reset the language setting for all users, any existing user profile files must be deleted from ..\GFI\Archiver\ASPNET\UI\Profiles. Please note that doing so will also delete any saved searches and preferences that those users may have set.
- When upgrading to a newer version of GFI Archiver, installation files mentioned in this procedure will be overwritten with default versions making the changes void and ineffective. It is therefore suggested to keep a record of this procedure and follow it once again directly after upgrading to keep this functionality intact.