When a user is deleted from Microsoft Active Directory, GFI Archiver can be configured so that archived emails for the deleted user can be viewed by another user. This can be achieved as follows:
- Open the GFI Archiver User Interface
- Navigate to: Configuration > Access control
- Click on Configure User Access Control
- In the 'User' field, type the name of the user which should have access to the archived mails of the deleted account
- In the 'Has Access to User' field type the login name (sAMAccountName) of the deleted account. The user will be listed in square brackets and will have ‘(Deleted)’ next to it.
- Click on the 'Add' button
- Click on the 'Save' button at the bottom of the page